Professional Lawn Services
When you have extra time, do you want to spend it taking care of your lawn?
Or would rather spend it doing things you like with family and friends?
After more than 2 decades of offering lawn mowing service to Pioneer Valley residents, Lawn Jockey Inc. has earned the the reputation of providing the best service in the area.
Lawn mowing may seem like an easy job anyone can perform as a chore or even a side business, but we know there is more to it than simply cutting grass. Home and business owners in the Pioneer Valley also agree; to achieve a well-cared for lawn it takes hard work, honed skill, and years of experience. Lucky for our clients, we have all of that and that’s why they LOVE us!
We also ensure a quality Lawn Service by:
- Sharp Blades – We sharpen our blades daily! Lawn Jockey Inc. knows dull blades tear your lawn rather than cut it. Not only does your lawn look shabby, it opens your lawn up to disease.
- Proper Mowing Height – Following the University of MA extensions guidelines for mowing heights, Lawn Jockey maintains lawns at a proper height of 3.25 – 3.5 inches. This practice alone helps fight weeds naturally by keeping the soil cooler.
- We keep you informed! – If there is a change in your mowing schedule due to weather etc, our dedicated office staff will contact you and let you know.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee! – If you’re not satisfied, then we’re not satisfied. In fact, if you don’t love your lawn when we finish, we will come back and fix it for free… at no cost to you!
Lawn Core Aeration
Your lawn could use a breath of fresh air!
We can have your lawn looking greener and healthier with our expert core aeration techniques.
The benefits of lawn aeration are tremendous, and it is one of the most important treatments for a healthy lawn. Aeration stimulates new
growth, improves drainage, makes lawns more heat and drought tolerant, and alleviates compacted soil. The deeper, healthier root growth aeration can provide means your lawn will be looking its best all season long.
Your lawn is losing grass!
It’s a fact of life and is just a part of the turf cycle. Overseeding helps combate this loss be it from: drought stress, winter deterioration, disease, or insect damage. Overseeding is a simple, yet effective part of any lawn treatment program. It introduces new seed to your lawn and helps thicken and fill in some of those bare spots. Its one of the best ways to get an already established lawn back rather that an expensive overhaul.
Lawn Fertilization Service
Fertilizing your lawn will keep your turf grass healthy, green, and growing properly.
Some of the main benefits of fertilizing your grass regularly include:
- Healthier & Thicker Turf Growth: Fertilization gives your lawn the nutrients needed to promote good root development and to help your grass grow to a lush and healthy level.
- Weed Prevention: Regular fertilizing will help with the prevention of weed growth by applying weed prevention treatments to stop the growth of weeds or to kill existing weeds. Additionally, the thick and healthy lawn, which is achieved through proper fertilizing, can more easily choke out and control the growth of unwanted weeds.
- Insect Control: Certain fertilization treatments will kill and prevent insect infestations, which can cause significant damage to your turf.
Lawn Jockey offers multiple fertilizing program options utilizing both Conventional and Organic products. Make an appointment to meet with one of our lawn experts to have them build a program that works best for you.
Neutralizing acid soil with Lime
Your lawn grows best when the pH is between 6.5-7 (neutral soil). Most lawns have a pH between 6-6.5. Generally most lawns require 40lbs of lime per 1000 sq. ft. of lawn. Grasses like neutral soil, while weeds do much better in acidic soils. Both the broad leaf weeds such as dandelion and menacing weeds such as crabgrass are easier to eliminate if your lawn has a pH of 6.0 or higher.
When you hire us to treat your lawn, you get:
- Professional fertilization- Lawn Jockey employs and trains a polite and knowledgeable staff.
- Courteous cleanup- All fertilizer applications are immediately followed by blowing off all sidewalks and driveways near your lawn, leaving your residence as clean, if not cleaner, than when we arrived.
- Customer preference and choice- Along with our high-grade granular fertilizers, we offer multiple fertilizing options along with organic programs.